Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanks to the Giving

My mom, dad and brother came to visit us in Cambridge for 10 days over this past week. It was super fun - adventures and laughs a plenty. We walked the Freedom Trail, went to some great restaurants, toured the U.S.S. Constitution (from which point my father referred to my brother as 'powder monkey', not to be outdone my 6'3" brother responded by calling my 5'11" father 'short stack'), visited Lexington/Concord & Plymouth, and of course ate a huge feast. Here are some pictures from our time together.

Me and the turkey named Tom. I will never understand why people insist on naming things they are about to eat. My mom was quite disappointed that when we went to put the turkey in the pan my kitchen was sans cooking string - as if I tie up birds and vegetables all the time. Without the proper string we combined our creative energy to come up with the chop-stick turkey. Notice my hair - dressing like food is so in this season.

In this picture my father is posing next to a stranger's truck like Nacho Libre. You should know that as this picture was being taken Dad was saying "these are my recreation pants, my robes were stinky".

Mikey and me in front of the USS Constitution in the Boston Harbor. My bro is really growing up, everyone should have a brother 9 years their junior. Highlight: sitting next Mike in the backseat while he tried to trap me with a blanket in his fart cloud which he assure me smelt like roses.
Mom and me in Plymouth. My mommie is so pretty. And she would be glad to know that while this was her first trip out east, I totally agree with her that she is from New England.

I love my family and miss them lots.

No comments: