Wednesday, July 02, 2008

go granny! go granny! go granny go!

After a day starting at 4:30am EST I landed at the Burbank Airport midafternoon to begin my 3 week adventure. The flight was mostly uneventful - even if I could go on & on & on about the infuriating nature of the new baggage policies ($15 for a single under-50 lb. bag.... come on!). For as long as I was in transit the hugs and string cheese upon arrival were worth the ride. Best-friend Holly lives in Pasadena, where I will be making my week-one headquarters. Since leaving my 3-year home, the place where B and I became an 'us', I often wax nostalgic about the quaintness and village-like atmosphere amidst the hustle and bustle of Greater Los Angeles that is Pasadena ... however, I have not missed the smog.

my favorite pasadena building
city hall

Not only am I excited about re-exploring one of my favorite Cali towns - but I am waiting in great anticipation for a glorious friend reunion - All 3 of my bestest friends will be together for 2.5 effervescent nuptial filled days in Santa Ynez. Plus, between now and then I get to see many of my closest and dearest friends and family at the harbinger of baby showers in B's hometown. I truly am blissed and blessed.


:: the sisterhood of the migrating maternity pants ::
taken this past fall (rt to left - shara (no longer preggers - baby bella is here, round and stupid-cute),me (obvi currently growing a little still un-named girl person - currently spaghetti squash sized and reeking havoc on my lower GI), JR (recently birthed baby-girl addy - super precious and total boob reliant) and holls (not at all prego, but plans on practicing a bit with new hubby before adding mas small humans to the mix)


the nearlyweds for whom i travel many miles, gladly.
and, to other bloggers with concerns of absentee newlyweds i'm sure old Ryebread won't go AWOL on ya.


matron of honorly yours,
erin

5 comments:

Sean said...

well, erin, let me say welcome back to terra california. your Fuller presence has been missed. i've heard many stories (well, really just one) about the splendor that is you.

also, thank you for reading my blog. hope you enjoyed it. if so, you should read my father's day blog. ;o)

and i have absolutely no clue how you knew i'd read yours. perhaps that little girl inside you is giving you special powers. now THAT would be awesome. it would be enough for me to consider getting pregnant. see, i know you don't think that can happen, but if arnold schwartzenegger can get pregnant, ANYONE can! didn't realize how phonetic his last name really is until just now. no wonder the spelling bee kids always ask for the origin. austrian is easy!

Sean said...

oh...and cheers to practicing!

Holly Snyder Thompson said...

I hate to burst your "Austrian" language bubble, Sean, but there's no "t" in "Schwarzenegger". Just FYI.

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you Danny is from the Santa Ynez Valley- all his millions of maternal relatives are still there.. is your friend from there? where are they getting married? Oh yeah- welcome home! I hope you have tons of fun.

Sean said...

ouch. that hurts almost as much as the full-body sunburn i'm sporting right now. i guess it's not as easy as i'd thought. sad times.