Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Girl with the Lost Pearl Earing

Sad days!
I have officially lost one of my favorite pearl earrings. I know, I'm totally lame for wearing pearl earrings all the time. Once, while wearing said pearl stud earrings my friend made a side comment about how snooty elitist women wear pearl earrings and cardigan sweater sets, which I wear both, often and regularly. Anyways, these earrings were of particular significance because my parents gave them to me for Christmas on my 21st year. They go with a necklace my paternal Russian grandmother (Baba - for those in the know) left me when she passed away. So, this thanksgiving the left-stud went MIA. I have yet to find it - searching every corning and clothing item in my house - like the proverb of the old woman who lost her coin, except it's a pearl earring and I haven't found it. I've mostly given up now. But, this blog is sent out in hopes that maybe, someday my pearl earring will come back to me.

In Memoriam
The Earring 11.22.06

1 comment:

Holly Snyder Thompson said...

Erin, if it's any consolation, I don't think you are snooty or elitist. Wait...yes. I. do. Yeah, I have no consolation for you. I am sorry you lost your earring. I'm pouring one out for the pearl and for Baba. And by "one out" I mean vodka. Straight.