Friday, August 04, 2006

Too many people blog. It’s almost infuriating the amount of blogging that goes on these days - from mySpace tweenies and trekkies to B-list rock stars and presidential candidates! In the world of competing voices why should you listen to me?!? I know I like the sound of my own voice, but... So, blogging is becoming our new national pass-time. Actually, I think the word 'blog' was once the national word of the year - if there is such a thing, I think there is; and 'podcast' was this year's word (if I am not mistaken). The damn internet and making up words. My husband and best friend are always telling me that I make up too many words - mainly making verbs out of nouns. But, if the internet has no problem with it, neither do I. But, I digress - blogs. While there are so many blogs out there that my eyes bleed and my retinas burn at the sight of them, I have decided to join their ranks with an obligatory blogging apology note (as many bloggers begin). Perhaps the blog apology is suggested of beginning bloggers - albeit required by those snooty self-aware falsely modest folk who scoff at the production of words merely for self-publicity. So, I will not apologize, for I have never been ashamed of self-publicity and I am always interested in what people say about/for themselves. So, maybe this is a study is self-awareness and publication or just the modest musings of someone who will be missing her friends who are far away and needs messages in binary code to connect to them... either way I embark on a new literary quest. I make no promises here, nor do I make any apologies. Love and Lit for all!

4 comments:

Holly Snyder Thompson said...

mmmmm...delicious. fabulously wordy and elitist. i like your style.

Kelly said...

yes, this is great.... Like i told holly this is the best thing that has happened since Billy Graham's "Sinner's Prayer" I pray you will not be stingy with your blog and only allow certain people to read it-like some bloggers i know, i want say any names but you know who you are ;)

erin said...

yes kelly - this blog will be user friendly and open to all. so glad you have enjoyed the first installment.

MAUI VISTA #3417- CONDO RENTAL said...

Erin; my girl--Fantabulous blog spot!- yes Holly- I thought you would like that word, also! This blogspot use is an idea that mothers of the 50's would have relished (not on the hot dogs on Friday night). To think that they could have 'talked' with other mothers, real mothers and still hung the wash out to dry and chase kids around the park. Did I say park.. yes that place mothers used to take their children before SIMS City built one for them and their children were hooked up to 'controlers', some that give them electrical shocks and vibrate...now that's exercise! Have a beautiful day, my girl!
You know who!