Sunday, February 10, 2008

Incriminating Evidence of my Filth...

This past weekend in Vermont our hosts Brian & Katie took many fun pictures of us cooking, playing, skiing, and being silly... then they posted them on the web, then I looked at them and was horrified. I didn't shower most of the weekend (not unusual for me), nor did I take the time to apply make-up or comb my hair - but I looked especially tore-up even under these conditions. Why, would you ask, did you look like a street urchin the weekend long amongst new friends and strangers? Well,... I have no excuse expect the pure exhaustion of my weekday job. By the time weekend comes I'm a bit - how-do-you-say - trashed. Here's the evidence:


Maybe the worst picture ever taken of me ever. I'm deliciously-ugly while preparing Tortilla Espanola for our Tapas extravaganza. (Brian also pictured - he doesn't look nearly as worn out as me and had been skiing all day while I was lounging...hmm...)


Even after a good meal and 3 cups of Sangria I still look like hell.


I decided to shower only minutes before we took this group picture - I'm looking a little better, but B still seems to be disgusted by me. (btw work-friend-Katie is on Brian's shoulders in pink)

showering plus less stressful job equals prettier erin.

haggardly yours,

e

3 comments:

Holly Snyder Thompson said...

First of all, that's a totally fun picture of you and all your new new acquisitions.

Second of all, bad jobs = pre-determined and totally uncontrollable vortex of self-neglect rivaling only the short months after birthing a young child. Let's find you a new employer, shall we?

Doug said...

Love the expression on B's face in the last picture.

Simon Family said...

You are so funny. I'm glad we can be neighbors so we can be ok with the non-shower/non-makeupness that accompanies living in close quarters. I thought you've never looked better in these photos!